Thursday, February 21, 2013

Q & A For City Council Candidate Alfonso Todd




QUESTION:   The "friends of Alfonso Todd" sounds like the name of a fundraising PAC. The "friends of" tactic is used to raise money as a group that is independent from the campaign itself, yet your "friends of" page is your official campaign site. that says one of two things, either your claiming to be your own friends to make it look like you have more support then you do, a serious ethics violation, or your letting a PAC directly run your campaign, an illegal and unethical violation of campaign law. Either way it is wrong to do such and it shows your unfamiliarity with government. 

ANSWER:  I am a "newbie" to this political 'game" and never claimed to be a politician, in fact, I can honestly say I know alot about government but less about politics. It is my belief that politics is what is killing Allentown; and I can assure you that my fundraising strategy is not violating any ethics codes. I am being advised by some of the best campaign managers in the Valley and they have yet to steer me wrong. I, also, do have ALOT of people on my team who do support me and no one drives my campaign.  

No comments: