Sunday, January 22, 2012

ALLENTOWN, PA - THE CITY YOU LOVE TO HATE ? PART 1

I have been silent for quite a few years now. In fact, I have almost become apathetic, unfortunately. Well, I guess before I go on, you would have to know who I am and what I speak of....

My name is Alfonso Todd and I moved to the Lehigh Valley about 10 years ago. I saw a world of possibilities. I was fresh off the road as a healthcare consultant and trying to decide if I would ever return to my hometown of Miami, FL or not. (I was tired of never-ending drama there, believe it or not). I was ambitious, idealistic, and full of plans and dreams. In time, I became involved with the City of Allentown, PA and grew to appreciate the people, the community, and the way of life. In fact, I created several opportunities for myself that, simultaneously, enhanced the city itself. I created a STOP THE VIOLENCE event that assisted the city in communicating with the residents regarding the accidental death of Daviay Legrand http://azstarnet.com/news/national/article_cf6ad6af-e84a-511b-bc22-39474b3374dc.html ; several blogs: LEHIGH VALLEY FLAVOR - www.lehighvalleyflavor.piczo.com, URBAN RENEWAL - www.urbanrenewal.piczo.com; produced internet programming: 5 MINUTES OF FLAVOR - (is on YOUTUBE, search GROWNSEXYSOBER); and created several annual community events: http://www.alfonsotodd.com/events . People always GOOGLE me and see all the projects I have produced/created for the community of Allentown and ask why I am not in a higher position or involved with the City? It's my fault really; I refused to submit to the confusion and chose to be with "the people".

I guess the real problem is that I didn't like playing "the game". You know, the one where you have to be involved with the right affiliations, the right groups/organizations, and be in the right meetings. I won't lie, I did attempt to run in those "circles" only to almost, figuratively and literally, starve to death. (TO BE CONTINUED)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good write-up, I am regular visitor of one's website, maintain up the nice operate, and It's going to be a regular visitor for a lengthy time.
Swarovski Crystal Heart Pendant with Crystal Paw